Friday, August 3, 2012


Making a Render Farm.

With the creation of the “Third episode of Beans on the Block” and the problems with rendering it, I will be creating my own render farm to slave over our Beans on the Block episodes and future projects.
I decided I wanted to do this after a very horrible predicament. As I talked about in the last blog, the third episode had a new element to it. There was a fully 3D scene that took place in a McDonalds like restaurant. There are a lot of reflective surfaces, transparent glass, complex lighting, and ambient occlusion. And this one scene was 2610 frames with playback of 24 frames a second.
Now when I was finished with all the animation and audio, I began to render. And with Blender’s slow internal renderer, it was rendering for 30 plus hours. And this entire time my quadcore computer was at 100% CPU. To make it worse, My computer decided to do maintenance work and reboot while I was sleeping, corrupting the file, leaving me with nada.
And so I think I have come to a rational decision to steal all my friends computer towers and make them unwilling slaves to do my bidding.

Right now as I gather computers, I am rendering the episode, in very small portions, so it should be up soon. And from now on, 3D scenes will be saved for special occasions.



No comments: